Temporary Events

Got food?

Most public events with food require IUEHS authorization 

All events offering food to the public on IU properties must comply with IU’s Policy for Temporary Food Service Events.

These events must also meet the requirements of the Office of Insurance, Loss Control and Claims policies relating to food service and alcohol.

1IUEHS authorization is usually needed for a temporary food service event. Check the Decision Tree to see if you need to submit an application.

Decision Tree for Temporary Events Open to the Public